Support Demands of PRISONERS UNITED on Hunger Strike, starting in Alameda County Jails
Republished from Prisoner Hunger Strike Solidarity
PRISONERS UNITED in Alameda and Santa Clara County Jails are being deprived of their human and constitutional rights of due process and inflicted with cruel and unusual punishment, inhumane living conditions, and the torturous practice of solitary confinement..
Today, October 15, 2017, PRISONERS UNITED in Glenn Dyer Detention Center courageously lead the way in a Hunger Strike that will span across 2 counties and 4 jails. Santa Rita Jail, Santa Clara County Main Jail and Elmwood D.O.C. will continue the strike in solidarity on October 22.
Please call the Alameda County Sheriff Administration and Alameda County Board of Supervisors until they meet the below Alameda County Jails 5 Core Demands:
Alameda County Sheriff Administration: (510) 272-6878
- End Indefinite Solitary Confinement/Administrative Segregation.
- End Subjective Grievance Practices.
- End Abuse of Discretion to Lockdown Unstructured Programming (Time Out of Cell).
- End Insufficient and Unsanitary Clothing.
- End Insufficient Food and Starvation for Indigent Prisoners.
Please spread the word!
Post these fliers on social media.